Kybella® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness, sometimes referred to as the “double chin.” Submental fullness is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition that affects both women and men. It’s most often due to aging, genetics and weight gain and can be resistant to diet and exercise. Kybella® not only treats submental fullness but it can reduce the appearance of small pockets of fat in the armpit and knee regions.
To treat the double chin region to dissolve fat away and improve the overall contour of the neck and jawline.
Generally less than 15 minutes
Possible swelling or bruising lasts for the first few days after treatment.
• You are physically healthy and at least 18 years old
• You have a double chin or pocket of fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
• You are looking for an effective alternative to surgery
• Your skin is in good condition – Kybella is not meant to treat sagging skin
• You understand that the procedure is irreversible and results are permanent
• You understand that multiple treatments may be required, depending on the area of concern
It generally takes four to six weeks for Kybella to permanently rid of fat cells in the treated area and start seeing results. Once destroyed, the fat cells don’t regrow and the results are permanent.